Blouse: TJ Maxx | Jeans: TJ Maxx (Paige Denim) | Wedges: TJ Maxx (Dupes for these) | Handbag: Boutique
It keeps you on your toes and ever guessing on what fabulous finds you will uncover! I would show you all of my finds from TJ Maxx…even just a few but alas they are still in boxes being held hostage in my storage unit.
This outfit (minus the handbag) is from TJ Maxx for under $100! The blouse was $16.99, the jeans were $40.00, and the wedges were $34.99! I invest in versatile pieces, all three of these items I have worn over and over again. My investment was minimal because I know how to shop at TJ Maxx. Here are my tips!
- Wednesdays are the day to go shopping: New items arrive daily but markdowns usually happen on Tuesdays-Fridays. Wednesday mornings are the perfect time to be able to see ALL the markdowns.
- Yellow price tag: This is the FINAL markdown, buy it…buy it now!
- Different markdown prices on the same item: Bring both items to the cashier. The markdowns are not automatically populated therefore if items arrived at two different times the markdown list will only reflect that time periods items.
- Double check Clearance: Sometimes items are missed in the markdown areas, be sure you are getting the best price possible for your items!
- Price check: You can ask anyone on the sales floor or at the cash wrap to check the price on an item, i have found so many good deals this way!
- There are no price adjustments: period. Shop smartly and be patient.
- In Season Merchandise: You can find this season’s items from department stores at TJ Maxx. I found the most adorable pineapple tote at TJ Maxx for $19.99 and found the exact one at Kohl’s down the street 15 minutes later for $50!
- Pet Supplies: I buy Montana’s shampoo and pet beds here. Ok, I can’t lie, I buy everything for her here! She isn’t complaining and neither is my wallet.
- Imperfection Discount: If you love a piece and it’s the only one but it’s slightly damaged, ask for a discount. Sometimes they will, sometimes they won’t. This is determined by management.
- Comparison Price Truth: Sometimes the compare to prices are a lot lower than the actual original price. I always fact check to see my actual savings. I found a Ralph Lauren crystal lamp for $15 at TJ Maxx, the tag compare to price was $100 but the actual price was $250!
- Purple Price Tag: This is straight from the runway, a special designer piece for a department store price!
- TJMaxx.com: Yes, they have a website. No, it’s not a waist of time. It orignially had different inventory then the stores but now they go hand in hand. You will still have a variety at times in either place, but they both supply amazing items! Sign up for their emails and you will get free shipping on your first order.
- JULY/JANUARY: These two months they do their biggest markdowns of the whole year!
- Instagram: You can post your finds on Instagram and win giftcards! I have won a couple and it’s so helpful. You tag @T.J.Maxx, #maxxcontest, #maxxlife in your comment.
I found a lot of these a couple year back from here, I gave my own opinion on them to share my experience after I put them into practice myself. This post is NOT sponsored.