My Attainable 2017 Goals.

DRESS: c/o Shein (wearing S but should have worn M) | COAT: Sammy Dress | HEELS: similar here | EARRINGS: Baublebar | CLUTCH: TJ Maxx | LIPS: MAC Snob

New Year’s Eve is always cold in Oregon so wearing a dress is something that involves layers, hence the coat. This dress is $20 and worth every penny! The black background is perfect for an evening party, the flowers make it the perfect statement piece for a New Year celebration. This is a perfect option for something that is fun but not too glam. All these NYE outfits have had me thinking about my goals for 2017. I am not good with resolutions so I try and make a short list of ATTAINABLE goals for myself. I wanted to share these with you to bring encouragement that 2017 will be a great year!

1. Take my health seriously: This goes much farther than just fitness and a healthy diet. This is tackling the battle within me I haven’t wanted to face. Tackling my hormonal imbalances, migraines, anxiety, and depression. I am taking a very natural approach to this and will share more once I am a little farther into the process.
  2. Organized: I am usually pretty organized. Moving back to OR and being in this transition for much longer than we bargained for, I am bound to get my “transition” organized. Jason and I are in my old room as we are saving to buy our first home. Our space is small so getting it all organized and functional is necessary.
  3. Time for relaxation: Whether it be a massage every couple months, a pedicure, girls day, or a mini night away with Jason: I am making the time.
  4. Blog Planning: At this moment, I am flying by the seat of my pants on the blog. Seriously, I don’t have anything planned more than a couple days ahead. My goal is to work up to having it planned at least 2 weeks in advance. Working less and having more productivity is the goal.
  5. Un-Plug: I have a serious issue with this. I can’t ever unplug or let my mind rest. I am always thinking, planning, communicating. I need to take the time each day to unplug and let myself enjoy the things around me and the people around me.
  6. Value myself: This year I have seen my opinion of myself drop. This is due to me comparing myself to others around me and in my career. I need to see where I am at in life and realize God has a plan for me and my family, I am supposed to be right where I am.

What are some goals that you have this year?

Share:

12 Comments

1. January 5, 2017 / 12:00 pm

Love these, especially 6!! <3 xx

2. January 5, 2017 / 12:56 pm

These goals are amazing! They honestly sound great for everyone. I was on my honeymoon in Bora Bora and I relaxed, but I totally didn’t unplug! Great advice.

xo, Amanda

• January 5, 2017 / 10:20 pm

Thank you, Amanda! I was hoping to bring encouragement to everyone!

3. January 5, 2017 / 1:43 pm

It is SO hard to compare yourself to others…I have that problem too, but nobody is uniquely you! I try and remember all the small goals that I accomplished when the envy sets in…it usually gives me the extra boost I need to stop the madness!

• January 5, 2017 / 10:19 pm

Thank you so much, Molly, this brings me such encouragement! I have to keep remembering the small goals!

4. January 5, 2017 / 4:34 pm

Love these goals. Health is such a huge thing and I spent a lot of time towards the end of last year figuring out my hormonal imbalances…it’s a journey, but definitely worth it!

Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

• January 5, 2017 / 10:19 pm

It’s a journey for sure! I am so glad you have sought answers for your health and have had success!

5. January 6, 2017 / 8:32 am

I agree with the unplugging part! I’m trying to do that too. it’s going to take some practice though. Love this post! Thanks for sharing.

6. January 6, 2017 / 8:45 am

I definitely need to plan for my blog a lot more myself!! I am flying off my seat as well. Something I need to work on in the new year!

Meghan | beyondbasicblog.com

7. January 6, 2017 / 9:12 am

Love all of these, so important to keep resolutions attainable! I’m with you on content planning too!

8. January 10, 2017 / 4:24 pm

So many great goals! I love your approach and the fact that they aren’t over the top! Hope your 2017 is off to a great start. xo