Winter Style

Are Hunter Rain Boots Worth the Money?

I have owned my Hunter Rain Boots for over a year now and feel like it’s about time to give a FULL HONEST review of them. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

A fun pink knit sweater and pink hunter boots are the perfect equation for a snow bunny look. A fun pink knit sweater and pink hunter boots are the perfect equation for a snow bunny look. A fun pink knit sweater and pink hunter boots are the perfect equation for a snow bunny look. A fun pink knit sweater and pink hunter boots are the perfect equation for a snow bunny look. A fun pink knit sweater and pink hunter boots are the perfect equation for a snow bunny look.

SWEATER c/o | SHIRT (similar) | JEANS | BOOTS | HAT | GLOVES ($9) | LIPS (Snob) |

NECKLACE (use code ‘topknotsandpearls’ for 20% off)

I bought my first pair of Hunter Rain Boots last December. I waited until they were on a price match promo and took the plunge. I wasn’t sure if they were going to be worth the investment but after going through 4 pairs of those super cute super cheap rain boots, I assumed I would wear these enough to make it worth my money. 12 months later I am here to break it all down for you.

COMFORT: Holy cow, I cannot express how comfortable the Hunter Rain Boots are. My cheap rain boots had broken down in the sole so much that the plastic form of the sole was super painful to walk on top of. Picture a crosshatching pattern pressed into the sole of your foot…ya, not fun. The sides of the boots are insulated vs. the cheap ones just having the rubber. You can buy liners for more comfort but I didn’t find I needed them.

WARMTH: The sides of the boots are insulated vs. the cheap ones just having the rubber. You can buy liners for more comfort but I didn’t find I needed them. I did buy the sherpa sole inserts to keep my feet a little warmer in the snow and it was so helpful! They even made these already comfortable boots more comfortable. If you are in between sizes these help to close the gap.

FIT: I have pretty muscular calves so I was worried that they would be too tight on me. I love the fit. The cheaper ones tend to gape on your legs which invites the cold wind and rain into your boots which is NOT fun. Hunter did make a new style that has an adjustable closer in the back for more room! Also, when you put them on or off, it takes a little push. Don’t worry, this is how they fit for everyone.

COLOR: I am sure you can guess already, they have EVERY color you could ever want or imagine. I bought the glossy red last Christmas and wore them so much I purchased the matte blush this Winter when they went on price match. I have worn these colors so much, I treat them as a neutral.

THE FINISH: I have heard so many people talk about them having an awful finish on their boots when they bought them. This is a “bloom” from the rubber. Hunter goes into a lot of detail on their website HERE. I have both the rubber spray and sponge to keep the finish on my boots. The matte finish has less of the dusting effect than the glossy.

HEIGHT: I have loved having the boot be taller! All of my rainboots in the past have hit me mid calf. The taller boot is much more flattering not to mention it keeps you warmer!

TRACTION: The PNW brings all sorts of weather conditions. I have loved the traction these boots have brought me. In high school, I would wear my other rain boots and as soon as I stepped onto the tile floors in the building I would go sliding because the boots had NO traction. A high price to pay for style! These boots ACTUALLY have traction. I have now tested them in rain, snow, and ice.

Now….

PRICE: Are they worth the investment? Yes. A hundred times, yes. After wearing cheap rain boots for years, I can say without a doubt in my mind they are worth it. If you can save and get them on the Anniversary Sale at Nordstrom, price matched (Bloomingdales and Nordstrom both price match throughout the year), Nordstrom Rack, or used. After paying $35 per pair of my old boots, I spent almost the same amount of one pair of Hunter Rain Boots that will last a lifetime.

I love these boots and wear them so much that I could justify buying a second pair. When I first bought them I didn’t believe I would wear them as much as I do. Trust me, if you make the investment, you won’t be sorry about it!

After owning my Hunter boots for over a year I am spilling the good, the bad, and the ugly on the blog.

previous post
next post

You Might Also Like

18 Comments

Krista Williams
    January 23, 2017 at 10:58 am

Love them in pink!! you rock them! i got them in navy and i don’t really love the color as much as i love this blush.

gorgeous.
    xoxo
    Krista

Lauren Morgan
    January 23, 2017 at 11:04 am

I agree completely. I LOVE my Hunters. These blush ones are so cute and you styled them perfectly.

Xo, Lauren

Amanda | Glitter & Spice
    January 23, 2017 at 12:34 pm

I love my Hunter boots and I totally agree with everything you said. Also I have been DYING for these pink ones!!! I think I need to just finally buy them… I legit look at them every day!
    XO Amanda | http://www.glitterandspice.com

Stefanie
    January 23, 2017 at 12:35 pm

hunter boots really are the best! they don’t keep my feet warms so I wear good socks, but the comfort is great, color selection, and i have muscular calves like you and love the fit! I buy kids tho because I’m short and the regular ones are too tall on me 🙂 and it makes them a bit cheaper! 🙂

Jessica
    January 24, 2017 at 10:07 am

I love this review because I’ve always wondered this. I can never justify buying them in LA because I feel like it doesn’t rain enough to get use out of them, but it has been monsooning lately lol.
    – Jessica
    Miss Moore Style

Lauren
    January 24, 2017 at 3:11 pm

I learned so much about Hunters – love the blush pink color – so cute!

Lauren

Mariam
    January 24, 2017 at 7:22 pm

I wish I really loved Hunter Boots but they just don’t fit right on me. My good old fashioned wellies are an alternative. So far, so good. But I really wish I could wear the Hunter boots in Olive. That is such a great color for them!

xo Mariam

Sydney
    January 24, 2017 at 8:18 pm

They are so worth it, I live in a very rainy place like 89% of the year is rain and these are a must!

January Hart
    January 24, 2017 at 10:09 pm

I’m with ya! Hunters are definitely worth the investment! Love these blush ones with this look! So cute on you!

Stephanie // A SPARKLE FACTOR
    January 26, 2017 at 9:23 am

I agree, I totally think they’re worth it! I have a matte black pair and they’re amazing. I love the blush, such a pretty color and I love how you styled it. One thing though– I have the liners. THEY ARE TOTALLY WORTH IT. They make them a million times more comfortable. Plus, I love how the cableknit cuff looks over the boot.

Amanda Kruse
    January 26, 2017 at 2:34 pm

I love the color of Hunter boots you are wearing! I have 2 pairs of Hunter’s – one non glossy and one glossy. I prefer the non glossy over the glossy because I think they are much easier to clean and I find that they are actually more comfortable than the glossy.

xx,
    Amanda || http://www.fortheloveofglitter.com

Steph
    January 26, 2017 at 7:55 pm

I LOVE your Hunter boots. I have the matte black because they go with everything. I love that they double as snow boots with the liner.

xo,
    Steph
    trendyinindy.com || @trendyinindy

elle spann
    January 27, 2017 at 5:46 am

i have a post like this and it is one of my top searched posts! good topic 😉 I recently bought the liners and the make a WORLD of difference. Love them!!
    elle

to me, Lauren
    French
    English Translate message
    Turn off for: French
    Southern Elle Style

Taylor
    January 27, 2017 at 6:57 am

I have two pairs (i need more colors, haha) and I totally agree that they’re worth every penny! Until you wear a pair you just don’t understand the hype!
    xx!
    Taylor | http://www.styleiseverythingblog.com

Charlene
    January 27, 2017 at 7:22 am

I LOVE your pink Hunter’s!! I don’t have a pair so I appreciate reading this review, thanks!
    Charlene The Frugal Fashionista

Tami Qualls
    January 27, 2017 at 11:57 am

I need to invest in a quality pair of boots. Thanks for the recommendation.

financial adviser online
    February 4, 2017 at 6:17 am

Your way of explaining all in this post is truly good, every one be able to without difficulty know it, Thanks a lot.

financial advice for young people
    February 4, 2017 at 2:04 pm

Hey There. I found your blog the usage of msn. That is a really neatly written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to learn more of your useful info. Thank you for the post. I will definitely comeback.