I have a nasty habit when I curl my hair I curl it too tightly. I want big loose curls and get ringlets instead. Well, no longer, I have found a way to prevent this.
I love a relaxed big loose curls look but could never master it. The other day I tried this trick and loved the result. It was super quick and turned out amazing. I will walk you through a step by step since I am not set up to film my tutorials yet!
Easy 5 Step to Big Loose Curls:
- Put all your hair in a high ponytail. It doesn’t matter how tight the ponytail is, just so that it’s on top of your head to allow you to curl as much as your hair length as possible.
- 2. Grab pieces of different thickness and curl them with a 1.5 ” curling iron like mine HERE. Hold it for a few seconds, not as long as you do when you want a tight curl. I held it for about 5 seconds.
3. Let it out of the curling iron and hold in your hand until it cools. This helps to lock in the curl but not have it be too tight. Repeat steps 2-3 until you have curled all your hair in your ponytail.
- 4. Take your hair out of the ponytail and fluff up the roots of your hair. This is where you can tease the roots if you would like.
5. Some pieces may not be laying the way you want or as tight of a curl as you want, so go through and curl any pieces you think need additional help. I curl the front pieces to frame my face and to add a little more volume to the style. Lastly, spray with your hairspray and you’re done!
I recently tried this Bumble and Bumble Strong Finish hairspray when they sent it to me. It’s absolutely amazing. I have always loved Bumble and Bumble, especially their finishing spray. It held my curls in all day and didn’t make my hair crunchy. Thank you Bumble and Bumble!
This week I am teaming up with an amazing group of ladies to bring you an INCREDIBLE giveaway. The winner will receive a Gucci GG Marmont Matelassé Mini Bag.
The giveaway is open internationally! The more “tasks” you complete below, the more entries you will receive, increasing your chances of winning!
You are sure to discover some amazing bloggers you may not already be following! Good luck!