Do you ever have those moments where you feel like you are down on your luck, low on energy, or not where you want to be? Me too. Too often I feel like. I am sharing 20 ways to stay motivated with you’re not feeling motivated.
I can’t be the only one that sometimes loses their drive. Being an entrepreneur is hard sometimes. I am a one woman show (besides my hubby being my photographer once a week). When you have a team to motivate you and encourage you during times of lulls, you are so much more productive. This rings true for stay at home mamas, side hobbies, business owners, retired careers, and so many more.
I have been an entrepreneur for over 3 years now. Those 3 years haven’t always been roses and cupcakes, although that sounds rather fabulous. There have been days I have thought about throwing in the towel. There have been days I have thought about not taking those pictures. There have been days I have thought about not meeting that deadline. Have I ever done these things? No. I have 20 reasons that have saved me from giving up or staying in a pit of despair about my blog and myself.
20 Ways to stay Motivated:
- Seek support.
- Know your “why”. Why you do what you do.
- Create a space that inspires you.
- Seek new content or surroundings daily.
- Take space from projects (or kiddos) for a bit to refresh your mind.
- Keep yourself organized.
- Take care of yourself. A healthy body leads to productivity.
- If you’re an entrepreneur: dress up your office supplies to bring a fresh look to your day. I dressed up my phone with this customized Caseapp Case and my laptop with this customized Caseapp Skin. This is a huge one for me. I work on my phone and computer all day every day. They were so boring! I love that Caseapp has premade designs or you can create your own. This is a motivation in itself! Mama’s, put a family picture on your phone case!
- Refresh your senses with a candle or an essential oil diffused in your home.
- Get up and get dressed. Seriously, this one is motivation on my days off.
- Plan breaks. Everybody needs a break now and again, hire a babysitter and go out for an hour.
- Pamper yourself: within your means. Paint your nails, get your haircut, put on a facial mask.
- Write scripture or quotes on your mirror. I do this A LOT! Especially if I am struggling with my appearance. It’s something I learned in my eating disorder treatment.
- Put together an inspiration board. This can be a physical board in your room or office, or it can be one on Pinterest. Put things up that motivate you to push through on your side business, being a mom, a friend, a homemaker, career woman, etc.
- Spend time with people that encourage you. It may be your co-workers or it may be your best friend. My husband is a huge encouragement for me, along with my mama and my blogging bestie.
- Stay Positive. Easier said than done but so so so important!
- Invest in others. When you are investing in other people, you get energized in your own life. I love my bible study women because when I leave I know I invested in their lives and they invested in mine.
- Coffee! Ok, hear me out. Coffee helps me get out of bed in the morning. Find what helps you swing those legs out of those comfy blankets and start your day.
- Set goals. I have a huge list of lofty goals but I also have a daily list of goals that I can get done through my day. There are check boxes next to them any everything. Whatever helps you!
- Remember that there will ALWAYS be good days and bad days. It’s OK to have a bad day.
I hope some of these things truly help you. They have helped me so much during the times that I feel like I can’t keep going. If you have found something that has helped you and I haven’t listed it, please share!
I have teamed up with a great group of bloggers to give someone a $600 giftcard to Nordstrom. To enter simply complete the steps in the Rafflecopter below. Each item you complete is a separate entry so complete them all for your best chances of winning. Giveaway ends at 11:59 PM EST on 2/13 and the winner will be notified via the rafflecopter below. Good Luck!