I’m sure you hear, Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and some of you are like, “um, what is that and what does it mean?”. Explaining it all and how to conquer it today!
ANNIVERSARY SALE: Early Access July 13th-20th // Full Access July 21st – August 6th.
When I used to hear the word NORDSTROM, I would think money, money. money. Yes, Nordstrom has a lot of items that are expensive BUT they have a lot of items that are in the everyday budget for us. Plus, I am way more ready to buy items of quality for a discounted price.
BIG Giveaway below!
Honestly: I stopped buying clothes from Target because their quality went down the drain, their prices skyrocketed, and their return policy sucks. I still buy things every once in a while but I spend less money on my clothes with a better return policy and better quality at Nordstrom.
So what in the world is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale or #NSALE? It’s a celebration of when Nordstrom was first established as a store, Nordstrom brings in brand new styles for a discounted price. Usually around 40% off. These prices last for a short time and then they go back up to full price.
So what I am saying is that you need to take advantage of the Anniversary Sale while it lasts. What I am not saying is spend money you don’t have or buy things you will not wear.
More about that concept below!
Strategy to make the
Nordstrom Sale work for you!
- Open a Nordstrom Card: The sale opens for Nordstrom card holders in advance! July 13th Nordstrom Cardholders get to start shopping and it opens to the public July 21st through August 6th.
- Buy now and return later: Nordstrom will literally take your items with no questions asked. You don’t have to worry about running out of time to try them on but you will run out of time on the price. PS Nordstrom has free shipping all the time!
- Buy what you need: Analyze the holes in your closet and try to fill them with the items from the sale. This is when I stock up on all my staple items:
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Skin Care
- Slips and undergarments
- Boots (if they need replacing)
- Coats (hello 40% off right before the Fall/Winter)
- Baby Gifts (they have the best pieces and I stock up for showers)
- Try something new: I use this sale to try something I wouldn’t normally wear. It’s a great time to buy a dress or blouse that is out of your comfort zone because you can’t beat the price!
- Order multiple sizes: Things sell out within the first couple days of the sale and they may never be restocked. Order what you think your size is and one up or one down just in case it’s not right. This ensures you will have your item vs. them selling out.
- Buy online: Their shipping is beyond fast, during the sale it’s a bit slower, but it still arrives at a great time. The stores can be crazy busy and not every store receives all the items listed online. Also, each store is only sent a certain number of items per style so they often sell out and won’t be restocked.
- Ship to Store: This is my favorite thing ever. I work full time alongside my blog, I am never home during the day to pick up my packages. You can ship them to the store and pick them up at your convenience if your home is in an area that attracts packages being stolen. Plus, if you have time you can try them on return the items that didn’t work. Fill out the address with your name and the street address of your store.
I will be sharing in store photos of items I try on this weekend, for now, you can shop the ones I am drooling over too!
My favorite 2017 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks:
Money Can Buy Lipstick | Blondes & Bagels | Glitter & Spice | DTK Austin | By Brittani Lauren | Life Lutzurious
Style Weekender | I’m Fixin’ To Blog | So Heather | Blush & Blooms | Mrs. Casual | Style of Sam
Greta Hollar | Sunsets & Stilettos | A Lily Love Affair | The Trendy Tomboy | The Beauty Beau
Le Fab Chic | Red Soles & Red Wine | Rose Gold Lining | The Closet Crush | Cup of Charisma | Topknots & Pearls
Lots of Sass | Vandi Fair | Tonya Michelle 26 | xoxoBella | Pretty Yellow Things | Styled Blonde
Miss Molly Moon | Twenties Girl Style | The Glitter Gospel Blog | Jasmine Elias | Uptown Fashion by Jess | Alicia Tenise
Kate Loves Makeup | Fashion & Frills | Denver Darling | Super Fashionable | Styled Adventures
Use the widget below to enter the giveaway. The more “tasks” you complete, the more entries you will receive. The winner will be announced (on the widget) within 2 weeks of the giveaway ending. The giveaway is open worldwide.