Saying as I always have a list of items I am penny-pinching away to be able to invest in, I decided I would adapt a savings plan I read on a blog recently. I cannot remember the blog to be able to credit but it gave a great idea about saving a certain amount each month that will actually allow you to invest in something large or to put away for a trip! Here’s to hoping I can stick to this plan!
Month 1: Open a checking account or savings account
you can’t have access to with your other accounts.
Deposit $5 into this account.
Month 2: Deposit $15
Month 3: Deposit $35
You just saved $55!!!
Month 4: Deposit $100
Repeat for months 5-11!
Month 12: Deposit $145
You now have saved $1,000!
If you are thinking that you don’t have the extra to deposit in this way, I have a list of ideas to help you figure out where you can find the extra to save!
- Sell items you don’t need: Clothes at consignment stores, facebook for sale sites, craigslist, etc.
- Turn in pop cans: Take all those cans and bottles back instead of throwing them away!
- Save all your pocket change: Change adds up quickly. Save it all in a jar and deposit it when it gets to be a large number. I did this for 5 years, even though I never spend cash, and saved $250!
- Take Surveys: Certain websites pay you to take surveys. My favorites are HERE and HERE.
- Cut your budget: Go to coffee and eat out less. Seriously, these two things add up quick!
Saving money is something that I am not very good at. This year I am determined to change my habits and get out of my comfort zone. This means saving more and trying new things. I am getting way more comfortable trying new styles, like this cape. I have surprised myself by enjoying so many more styles by simply getting out of my comfort zone and trying. Try something new this year!
I hope that you try this saving plan along with me!